Different types of swing sets for your back yard
Some of the best investment s that a parent t can make is in children’s play equipment. One of the most popular ways to encourage children to get out in the fresh air and have fun while remaining active is by installing a backyard swing set. There are a wide range of options available in the market to suit any budget. The type you choose depends on your taste and preference and your budget. Some of the materials used to make swing sets today include:
There are some important considerations to put in place when choosing the right set up for your home.
Your budget will determine the material for your swing set. Plastic is usually the least expensive but it is east to clean and maintain. However, it may only last for a few years.
Wood swing sets blends nicely with a backyard environment and it is flexible enough to accommodate additions over five years. However, you need to note that wooden swings must be protected against weather and moisture.
Metal swing sets have the longest life span. You need to carefully take the measurements of the area where the swing set will be constructed and ensure that you leave enough room around the perimeter.
- Quality of construction
Due to the fact that there are different types of swing sets for your back yard available in the market as well as many brands, you need to be keen on the quality of the construction when choosing the right one for your children. Look for the ones that have smooth and rounded edges along with recessed hardware. This means that no nails, screws or their fasteners are sticking up that can cause harm to your child. The best quality back yard swing sets come with safety handles and metal brackets as well as attachments that are rust-proof and will not wear out over time.
Another proof that the swing set that you want to buy is of high quality is by having one that has plastic coated chains, sturdy swing beams, supportive deck planking, non-toxic stains and finishes, strong rails that are spaced to prevent children from placing their head between the rails, slides that are supported with wood beams down the center to prevent collapse and ladders that have flat and sturdy steps spaced evenly apart. Some swing sets have a special feature known as vinyl or wooden canopy that helps to prevent the set from direct sunlight, rain, and snow which helps improve the lifespan of the play set.
- Test the swing set in person
It is very important to test the swing set in person if possible in order to see how the materials and construction respond to children’s jumping and rough-housing. The set should have a little leeway when shaken but should still feel grounded and sturdy. The best swing should be able to support an adult weight even if they are designed for children. Before you make an order, you need to ask whether there is warranty against defect or rust on metal parts that come with the set under consideration. Also enquire whether the set you are interested in is able to be expanded by adding on additional pieces at a later time. You also need to know the level of difficulty that is involved in assembling the swing once delivered at your backyard.
Despite the availability of different types of swing sets for your backyard, not every type is best for your family requirements. The best one is that which fits within your budget and offers maximum safety features and quality construction.
According to many customer reviews, the most commonly purchased varieties of swing sets are the wood and plastic because they are a bit affordable as co pared to metal ones. However, each type of material has its benefits and drawbacks. It’s quite unfortunate that families are shopping for the best swing set for their kids but they are often confused on the one that will work out well for them. At this point, we will look at the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Plastics swing sets
- Plastic swing sets require low maintenance as compared to their wooden counterparts that require a lot of attention.
- Plastic swings are durable and require very minimal care even for a substantial number of years.
- Cleaning plastic swing sets is quite easy as compared to the wooden one. Remember that the wooden ones are even protected from exposure to rain and moisture.
- Plastic swing sets are affordable. By the fast of being the cheapest among the three types is a great attribute that makes plastic swings stand out. They are way cheaper because their materials are cheap. Therefore, they are a darling to many parents.
- Plastic swings take pride in their safe nature in comparison to metal and wooden sets. This is by guaranteeing safety to their users who are basically children. Kids are prone to many types of injuries especially when they slip off. Therefore, parents do not worry when their children are using plastic swings.
- The main drawback of this set is that they are not children’s favorite because they do not physically appeal.
Wooden swing sets
- Wooden swing sets give the backyard an incredible natural and scenic look
- They have a way of adding magic to any outdoor setting thus making the entire look awesome.
- They blend in an excellent way with any type of backyard
- They take pride in their ability to be customized easily according to the most preferred shape and design unlike other types of swing sets. This adds more beauty and attractiveness.
- They are very easy to repair. Damaged wooden swings require an easy kind of repair that will not cost you much.
- The main drawback of wooden swing set is that they are prone to pests attack
You can share that information with other parents or guardians so that they can make an informed decision. For more information check out this site https://backyardville.com/flexible-flyer-metal-swing-sets/.